Due to the changing needs in the modern business world and the rise in technological infrastructure like cloud and analytics, it has become necessary for enterprises to restructure their IT departments to increase their agility and improve their service delivery to their customers and other stakeholders.
With the various DevOps offerings that we have at Pithline, we will ensure that our clients have a well connected DevOps chain that will enable real time release of applications. We provide you with various solutions and offerings that range from managing the application release, automating the application release and continuous support in application deployment.
We achieve this by having a well connected network of partners that we work with. We also make use of the greatest technology breed that there is throughout the whole process. We also have deep domain expertise that will ensure that what you get is what will help you achieve business excellence.
As a result of a dynamic business environment, it has become very hard for traditional organizations to remain in competition. These traditional enterprises have lengthy and complex hierarchy systems as well as inflexible business processes that make it very hard for them to realize and shift according to external technological changes. The most successful enterprise in the modern business world are using technology in their favor and leveraging it to attain business success.
Challenges Facing Traditional Enterprises
- Dynamic landscape: Various business stakeholders including customers, suppliers and partners are dynamic in terms of seeking operational change and in their preferences.
- New technologies: New technologies like analytics, AI&ML and cloud are making it hard for traditional organizations to keep up with competition.
- Digital Transformation: The world is now a digital place and traditional organizations have to be capable of connecting with the millions of people who are digital savvy.
DevOps is a technological term and process that enhances integration and interactions between the operational and developmental departments in and enterprise. Through the incorporation of DevOps, different enterprises can benefit from on-time release of software applications, speedy updates, and speedy resolution of defects and enhanced operational efficiency.
What to Consider When Adopting DevOps
- Stakeholder inclusivity: As an enterprise, you have to make sure that you include all your business stakeholders ranging from customers, suppliers, partners and employees when adopting DevOps. This is to ensure that you have enhanced collaboration.
- Technology: You should also consider the underlying technologies that you will use when adopting the DevOps solution.
- Business structure: You should also ensure that you have a simple business structure and non-complex processes which will make it easier when executing the DevOps.
How an Enterprise Can Fail at DevOps
When an organization fails to implement DevOps technology correctly, there is a high percentage that such an organization may fail. The reason as to why a DevOps initiative at your enterprise may fail and how to avoid the failure include;
Lack of proper understanding of DevOps
Many organizations are not aware about what DevOps entails and the benefits that they can accrue from the technology. Many of these organizations hence go ahead and implement the technology without a clue of what to expect. Lack of proper knowledge about the technology will result in problems during implementations which may result into new problems that will affect your enterprise. As an organization, you have to make sure that you are fully aware of what DevOps really is before deciding on implementing it. At Pithline, we offer our clients with adequate information regarding DevOps and how they can use it to achieve maximum benefits.
Overlooking security and governance
When it comes to DevOps, you have to make sure that your security and governance are systematic to your applications. You should ensure that you incorporate security in every process and that you carry out continuous testing and continuous deployment. When it comes to governance, you have to ensure that it is systematic to cloud application development and that that it is built in every stage of the DevOps process. Pithline will ensure that you can focus on these two things before implementing DevOps technology to ensure that it works towards the success of your enterprise.
Being resistant to change
When it comes to DevOps, change is something that every organization needs to get used to so as to ensure that the DevOps implementation is a success. Processes, technology and tools have to change and enterprises have to collect and analyze metrics so that they are able to decide if the change that has been made will increase productivity. You should not just implement DevOps in your enterprise and totally forget about it. You have to make sure that you constantly evolve so that you can match the upcoming technology and ideas. At Pithline, we will ensure that when you are implementing DevOps, you are aware of the changes that you should make once the need arises.
When it comes to legacy Apps, the major problem that almost every enterprise faces is maintaining them especially if you are shifting your focus towards new Apps and systems. This challenge may even escalate if you are even shifting towards to more stringer focus on DevOps. This hence necessitates the need to have your team look for alternative ways that the legacy Apps has to be maintained. If you are not prepared for this, it may be difficult for your organization to successfully implement DevOps and this may hinder you form enjoying its many benefits. You can either find new ways of managing the legacy systems or work towards phasing them out gradually.
How enterprises benefit with DevOps
- Enhanced operational efficiency. This is achieved through lowered operational costs and also through enhanced business efficiency.
- Faster time to market.
- Increased revenue streams and a higher ROI.
- Enterprises become future proof with the ability to quickly change with changes in the external technological environment.
- Improved reliability.
- Lowered rate of failure of new releases.